Helpful Personal & Family Tips for Coping With Anxiety & Stress In The Age of COVID-19
During these uncertain times caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it makes sense that our anxiety and stress would be heightened, and it can sometimes get the best of us!
As parents and family members, this anxiety can sometimes radiate onto our loved ones. We have compiled various resources for clients to look over and gain more insight into how to manage this increased stress for both yourselves and your family.
Listed are links connecting you to tips on how to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak, tips on how to keep a balance routine for the family, and much more!
DEALING WITH THE CHILDREN AT HOME
From the stress of suddenly becoming a home-school teacher to simply managing more human bodies in the home during the day (for many of while still working), we here at Certus want to provide another layer of support for managing children being at home due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19 from the National Association of School Psychologists
- Working and Learning from Home During the COVID-19 Outbreak from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus from PBS Kids’ Newsletter
- Resources for Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being during the COVID-19 Pandemic from Child Trends
- Make Your Home Feel Safe Video
DEALING WITH RELATIONSHIPS AT HOME
Cabin fever with your significant other at home can cause some serious stress and anxiety. These links might be helpful, when you get tired of being around the same old people.
- My Partner Doesn’t Care About Coronavirus and I’m Freaking Out From InStyle Magazine
- Six Relationship Tips From a Therapist on Dealing With Covid-19 Stress
DEALING WITH ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION AT HOME
Having to deal with anxiety and depression on its own, can be debilitating. However, during a pandemic, it is absolutely frightening in and of itself. Self care is a necessity during this time.
- How To Deal With Stress, Anxiety During COVID-19 Pandemic from Texas A&M Today
- 10 Ways to Cope With Coronavirus Anxiety, According to Psychologists
- Stress and Coping Tip from the CDC
- Coping with Coronavirus Stress from Psychology Today
We want to provide the best quality support for our patients. Your established therapist is one phone call away, and we are eager to continue to provide support and work on treatment goals with you and your families.
If you are new to Certus and would like to establish with a therapist, please do not hesitate to give us a call to schedule an initial session via televisit. It is safe to say that we could all use as much support and guidance through these tough times. Please contact us at 336-701-3111.