Dear Certus Psychiatry Patients,
As a medical practice, we are monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) very closely.
We want to assure you that Certus Psychiatry is diligently monitoring the situation and has put procedures in place that follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and providers.
We want to ensure continuity of care to our patients, for that, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Technology. We do offer Televisit services. If patient have symptoms or just want to avoid traveling/exposition, please ask your appointment to be a Televisit one. We will send you instructions on how to do it.
- Certus Psychiatry is encouraging patients to limit the number of visitors they bring to an appointment to one person.
- We are asking patients to follow CDC guidelines and to self-quarantine if they’ve traveled to a high-risk country in the last 14 days. If patients have traveled to one of the high-risk countries in the last 14 days or are in close contact with someone who has and they’re experiencing a sore throat, fever, and/or cough, we will reschedule their appointment. If a patient presents at our offices with COVID-19 like symptoms and meets the travel criteria identified by the CDC, we will reschedule them.
- Certus Psychiatry has enhanced our cleaning practices to include disinfecting check-in/out areas, waiting rooms, doorknobs, chairs hourly. Equipment and other direct patient care areas will be cleaned after each patient visit.
- Certus Psychiatry Providers and Team Members who meet any of the CDC exposure guidelines above will be required to follow the CDC guidelines for testing and quarantine as identified above.
- Certus Psychiatry Providers and Team Members have been strongly encouraged to postpone international travel until further notice and non-essential business travel domestic or otherwise has been eliminated
- Certus Psychiatry has eliminated the entrance of all non-essential vendors to its clinic.
- Certus Psychiatry will communicate appointment-related updates through our patient portal and appointment reminder system.
COVID-19 Statement About Addiction Recovery
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of anixety, fear, and uncertainty. If you’re in recovery, please know that there are resources available to support you. While our lives are on hold, addiction recovery is not. Addiction Resource has assembled a list of useful information to use to help you through. Please click here to learn more.
Helpful Personal & Family Tips for Coping With Anxiety & Stress In The Age of COVID-19
During these uncertain times caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it makes sense that our anxiety and stress would be heightened, and it can sometimes get the best of us. Click here to get some helpful tips for you and your family.
To protect yourself, please follow the below guidelines:
- Clean your hands as often as you can, preferably with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth
- Avoid contact with someone who is sick; has traveled to one of CDC high-risk countries or has been diagnosed positive with the coronavirus
- Stay home if you are sick or exposed
- Cover coughs and sneezes or wear a mask if necessary
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that people touch frequently
If you have questions or concerns about an upcoming appointment, please contact us at 336-701-3111.